- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 lbs. fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 big bunches green onions
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 T. chopped parsley
- 1/2 lb. cheese grated fine
- 2 T. sesame seeds
- 4 T. butter
- Beat 4 eggs with salt, pepper, stir into rice.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
- Tear stems from spinach and chop these tough stems very fine. Fry them lightly with 2 big bunches of green onions chopped fine (including most of the green part).
- Tear up or chop coarsely the spinach leaves and stir them into the frying pan to wilt a little. Then stir it all into the rice mix. Stir in some sunflower seeds. Taste for seasoning.
- Pack into 1 or 2 greased heavy casseroles. Top with toasted sesame seeds and 2 Tbsp melted butter sprinkled around on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, uncovered.
Goes well with sweet-baked squash, pumpkin or candied sweet potatoes.