- 3 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1 t. vanilla
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar and salt, if desired; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add raisins and vanilla; cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.