- 1 c. cooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 2 oz, sugar, approx. 1/4 cup
- 1/4 t. ground cardamon
- 1 1/2 oz. golden raisins, approx. 1/3 cup
- 1 1/2 oz. chopped, unsalted pistachios, approx. 1/3 cup
- In a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, combine the cooked rice and milk. Heat until the mixture begins to boil. Decrease the heat to low and cook at a simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the heavy cream, coconut milk, sugar, and cardamon and continue to cook until the mixture begins to thicken again, approximately 5-10 minutes. Use a whisk to help prevent the cardamon from clumping.
- Once the mixture just begins to thicken, remove from the heat and stir in the raisins and pistachios.
- Transfer the mixture to individual serving dishes or a glass bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.