- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. margarine spread
- 1/4 c. creamy or chunk-style peanut butter spread
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat together banana, brown sugar, margarine spread, and peanut butter spread until light and fluffy on medium speed. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls, placing then 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Using the tines of a fork dipped in flour, press crisscross pattern onto each cookie.
- Bake cookies until edges are set, about 10 minutes.
- Place baking sheets on wire racks and cool for about 5 minutes. Place cookies on racks and cool completely.
Recipe Courtesy: Kirsten Larsen