- 1 spaghetti squash, baked until tender
- 1 large (or two small) shallot(s), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 t. dried thyme (or 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- divided salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove seeds and shred spaghetti squash. Place spaghetti squash strands in a large bowl, and discard shell.
- Cook shallots in butter over medium-low heat until softened. Stir in garlic, cook for a minute longer. Scrape shallots and garlic into bowl with squash. Add thyme, heavy cream, sour cream, and half of the cheese. Toss together well until ingredients are evenly distributed. Pour into a greased casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 450 degree oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.