Apples are not only tasty and juicy but also offer countless medicinal values. Out of the many varieties of apples, perhaps green apples offer the most health as well as cosmetic benefits. The number of benefits of green apple is amazing; from weight control to skin whitening, prevention of heart diseases and even certain cancers. Green apples taste different from the regular red ones, being mostly somewhat sour. These sour green apples are used for cooking, refined for the preparation of oil as well as for making wine.
The major health benefits of green apples are:
- They contain a lot of fiber, which is good for digestion and prevents spikes in blood sugar, which is much helpful for diabetics. Being a fiber rich fruit they also help relieve chronic constipation. They are also useful in controlling diarrhea because of this property.
- If one eats green apples there are less chances of colon cancer. The secret behind the health benefits of green apples are its several anti-oxidants polyphenol and flavonoid that help in reducing the risk of cancer by not allowing DNA damage to occur.
- Green apples are beneficial in treating gout and reducing blood pressure as well.
- Some studies say that green apples help relieve rheumatism in many cases.
- Green apples are also used as an appetizer in many tonics for general health and well-being. They help secrete the gut juices and improve the appetite.
- They are a store house of plenty of vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin A, riboflavin, and vitamin B6. Doctors advise to take green apples if someone is on tuberculosis treatment.
- Regular consumption of green apples lessens the chances of liver and skin problems. Due to its rich vitamin A, B as well C content, they are very good for the nourishment of skin and also have a whitening effect on the skin.
- They also have plenty of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, manganese, iron, and potassium.
- Green apples have shown significant help in people who are trying to lose weight.