Leftover Turkey Can Be Served In So Many Ways
- Use the turkey carcass to make soups and stocks. Both can be frozen in sealed containers.
- Dice the cooked turkey and prepare turkey pies and freeze for future meals
- Hot turkey sandwiches are delicious! All you need is a thick slice of toasted bread, hot sliced turkey and a good scoop of gravy over top, yum!
- Pull out your favorite tuna casserole recipe–replace tuna with turkey
- Turkey Gumbo–Heat up a skillet full of left over vegetables and chunks of turkey, drizzle hot gravy over top
- Prepare your favorite chicken & pasta dish and instead of tossing in chicken, use your leftover turkey. I haven’t come across a recipe yet that didn’t turn out well
- Turkey Pitas, Burritos & Wraps–Just add your favorite wrap ingredients and these will be gone in no time flat
- BBQ Turkey Slice–Fry up onions and add cooked turkey and bbq sauce, heat thoroughly. Server over top slices of thick & crusty French or Italian bread.
- Easy Turkey Quesadillas–Spread grated cheese over tortillas, top with cooked diced turkey & chopped green onion, top with another tortilla and heat both sides thoroughly in a skillet (use cooking spray)
- Turkey Fried Rice–Substitute Turkey for Chicken in your favorite Chicken Fried Rice recipe
Tip: You can freeze leftover turkey slices in freezer bags to use within the next month–just make sure you remove all air from the bags.